But, I've never been big on nostalgia.
I prefer to look forward. So instead of a summary, I'm going to list my expectations for the coming year.
- I expect to be able to share some exciting news about one of the books I've written.
- I expect my oldest child to graduate from High School. (Yes, I'm that old!) And he'd better do it with honors after his crazy sleep deprivation project. And in conjunction with this, I expect some filling out of mission papers by the end of the year.
- I expect to take an amazing trip to England with the whole family. I figure this could be my last chance to show my kids all the places I know and love before they spread their wings and fly.
- I expect to lose 10 pounds before said trip. I know this doesn't sound like much, but I'm trying to be realistic.
- I expect the marriage of at least one of my nieces or nephews. So ya'll better get busy! And it better not be in June because I'm NOT canceling another trip for a wedding! Contact me privately if you're single and want a date with an awesome person!
- I expect the world NOT to end on December 21, 2012. Even if that was the plan, I think God wouldn't go through with it, just to show us who's in charge.
|Mayan Calendar (source)|
2012, here I come!
A year in preview? I think you've started a trend here.ReplyDelete
Sounds like you are going to have a great year! Good luck.ReplyDelete
Quite an exciting year. I agree with both the wedding and the timing. June isn't good for me. I'm rooting for Jen, but any of them would be fine in the end!ReplyDelete
And the trip sounds great really fun.
Let's have a party on December 22, 2012. Just to show the ancient Mayans who's boss.ReplyDelete
And thank you so much for linking up!!
Oooh. I want it to be me too! If it is me, I solemnly vow not to do it in June. Now someone find me a man!ReplyDelete
I like your outlook on life....and I totally agree about the world's end! Silly Mayans. ;)ReplyDelete
Looking forward, I like that - and you're not old enough to have a graduating senior! I can already tell you're going to have a really happy 2012!ReplyDelete
@Michael: After all, isn't the future always supposed to be brighter?ReplyDelete
@Shell Flower: Thanks, same to you.
@Michelle: The best thing about a wedding is that it might bring you here!!!
@Brooke: The party is so on!
@Jen: I hope its you too. :)
@Ashley: Thanks for stopping by! Happy 2012 to you too!
@Jonene: Yes, I'm that old. And I'm starting to feel it. :) How is your writing coming along?
Thank you so much, Julie for visiting my blog. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.ReplyDelete
Are you on Facebook?
Lets keep in touch.
Ah! Great expectations! :)ReplyDelete
Lovely post! I wish I could come to England with you. Maybe when all our kids have flown from the nest we could do a writers' retreat there? (or it might be easier if we leave them with our husbands :-)ReplyDelete
You're going to have an awesome year, Julie. I just know it!
@Jen: I know a great guy who'd love to get married soon. I told him I'd help him find an awesome girl this year. Are you up for a blind date? ;-) Let's talk!