But, I've never been big on nostalgia.
I prefer to look forward. So instead of a summary, I'm going to list my expectations for the coming year.
- I expect to be able to share some exciting news about one of the books I've written.
- I expect my oldest child to graduate from High School. (Yes, I'm that old!) And he'd better do it with honors after his crazy sleep deprivation project. And in conjunction with this, I expect some filling out of mission papers by the end of the year.
- I expect to take an amazing trip to England with the whole family. I figure this could be my last chance to show my kids all the places I know and love before they spread their wings and fly.
- I expect to lose 10 pounds before said trip. I know this doesn't sound like much, but I'm trying to be realistic.
- I expect the marriage of at least one of my nieces or nephews. So ya'll better get busy! And it better not be in June because I'm NOT canceling another trip for a wedding! Contact me privately if you're single and want a date with an awesome person!
- I expect the world NOT to end on December 21, 2012. Even if that was the plan, I think God wouldn't go through with it, just to show us who's in charge.
|Mayan Calendar (source)|
2012, here I come!