Monday, June 4, 2012
Bring On Summertime!
I love summer. Not because of the nice weather. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a cold weather person. I'll take wind and rain any day. So why do I love summer so much. Here are the reasons!
1. No more HOMEWORK. By the end of the school year I'm sick to death of nagging my kids about homework and grades. Sick. To death.
2. Home is safe. I'm like a mother hen, always wanting my kids gathered safely under my wing. It's getting harder and harder to gather them, especially as my oldest just graduated form high school and my next oldest is 6' 4" and will be a senior. Young adult kids don't like to be under their mother's wings.
3. Sleeping in. I'm NOT a morning person. We get up at 6:15 during the school year. Summer, I'm usually rolling out of the sack around 8:00. (I can hear the collective gasps from all you morning people. Overachievers.)
4. Relaxed schedule. We like to keep thing easy--we're simple folk. Although some might use the word lazy.
5. Vacations. What's up for this summer? England for two weeks. (Can't wait.) And Hebgen Lake Montana for about three weeks. (I've spent every summer of my life at the Hebgen Lake family cabin. It's a little slice of heaven.)
I have other friends that dread summer. How do you feel about it?